Maguindanao (Muslim Filipinos) people will be translating Bible stories to their mother tongue. We are having a 5 week intense Oral Bible Story Training for them. Please pray for the people involved and all the other needs to complete this process.
Serving with Campus Crusade for Christ – FL
- Support. Praise God for the recent bump in our support level! As someone said to us, “92% is not 100%.” Pray that he will provide the last 8% quickly.
- Pray for organization. It is HARD to plan a 3 year move to a different continent. Pray for us to be able to efficiently organize and pack exactly what we need (no more, no less!) for the next term in Nigeria.
- Visas. The announcement that our visas are not to be renewed has caught us off-guard, but God knew what was coming. Pray for a resolution to this problem and renewed support of missions from the authorities. Pray that we and other missionaries facing expiration soon hear that our visas will be renewed again.
- Families. While it is just the 5 of us who are moving to Nigeria, our move impacts much more than just us. Please be praying for our parents, siblings, and nephews/niece/cousins who have to adjust as well. Pray for their strength and for peace in their hearts over our move and prolonged distance from them. Pray that we can still maintain our relationships and connections through internet.
Serving with Serving in Mission – Nigeria
After 7 years of research and all the other steps involved in writing a book on hermeneutics (how to interpret Scripture), I am about 2 months away from sending the text to the publisher. That is no small matter, and I want to be as certain as I can be that what I are writing is absolutely true, accurately stated, and as clear as possible. Nothing short of excellence is acceptable. Please continue praying because there are only 2 yards to go and that this book will be of great help and benefit to many Christian workers in Spain, Central and South America.
Serving with Greater Europe Mission – Spain
- We have 51 graduates heading off into the future.
- Summer travels—That we will be able to plan well and be an encouragement to those we visit as well as a time of relaxation and refreshment.
- Gordon—I won’t be seeing my cardiologist until August. I am still dealing with nerve pain.
- Pat—We are currently working on a plan to remove her from school hostess role by this fall semester. Please pray the plan will work out. Pat will then become my assistant in academic affairs.
- Student enrollment—We are praying for a full school this fall. There are so many around the world that have no understanding of the Gospel of Grace.
Serving with New Tribes Mission – Jackson, MI
Praise and Prayer:
1) My monthly financial needs have been higher. This is due to the higher cost of living in the US and in Senegal and I continue to pay rent and guards in Guinea. Thanks to a generous gift in December, I’ve had enough to meet my needs so far. Pray that God will continue to supply in the coming months.
2) Pray for my ESL students and for friendships with other Senegalese in my neighborhood.
3) Pray for continued good Skype connections so that I can talk with Daniel each week.
4) Pray for decisions we’re in the process of making for what each team member will do until we can return to Guinea. Many are finishing their home assignments in the next couple of months.
5) Pray for a complete end to Ebola.
Serving with Serving in Mission – Guinea
Thank you so much for praying. Larry and the SHARE team are safely back home! The SHARE trip to Central Asia went really well; it was blessed in a very special way! Thank you so much for praying. We are so grateful.
Serving with SEND International – Hungary
Please pray with us:
- Praise God for although we have had many serious medical emergencies, He has provided full recovery for each one. Pray that people will see this as a testimony of His grace and love towards them.
- That God would raise more workers from our village, the Philippines, and abroad to join in taking the Word to others in these mountains who still have not heard.
- Pray for the men and young boys in this village. Pray that walking God’s path wouldn’t just be something for women, but they would see their need to know and be saved by a loving God.
Serving with New Tribes Mission – Philippines
- Gordon—I am still struggling with fatigue and nerve pain. I have a few doctor appointments coming up to see if changing medications and further testing would help solve these issues. I would really appreciate prayer that I could gain back some more strength. When I do exercise the nerve pain actually gets worse. This just may be a problem that will continue longer than I want, but now that it is getting warmer I will spend more time riding my bike, that seems to always help. We shall see.
- Pat—that she could stay on top of all the work involved in running the guest rooms here at school. We are still asking God to find a suitable replacement for her as soon as possible. Right now, we don’t see anyone on the immediate horizon. Please pray for her strength and concentration in this area. This is a seven day a week job even with her student helpers.
Serving with New Tribes Mission – Michigan